Working Together (was: re: newbie question (...)) [LONG]

Steve Thompson sthompso at connertech.com
Wed Jul 14 14:56:02 UTC 1999

>Think Bazaar, not Cathedral.

Perhaps the problem is that there really is no Bazaar for Squeak.  What
central repository exists for all the fabulous Squeak components that I as a
newbie would like to incorporate?  Currently I have not one but several
links to different sites that offer Squeak code.  This will not do.

My proposal is rather simple, though I have no way of supporting it myself.
A site should be established which categorizes Squeak
components/releases/tools by date and author.  For each component, a short
description should be included, and perhaps a note on the components
estimated stability (ie; BETA).  Users can then find what they need more
easily, and theoretically advance the code thats offered.

Steve