newbie question

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Jul 12 17:08:52 UTC 1999

>>>>> "Ivan" == Ivan Tomek <ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca> writes:

Ivan> Actually, I think that the optimal way to learn ST is to combine
Ivan> learning about the existing library and writing your own code for your
Ivan> own problems at the same time. There are a number of books that will
Ivan> teach you about the most important of the existing classes.

Right, but in *using* the existing classes, not adding methods to
them.

My theory has been if you want to add a method to a system class,
first subclass it and add your method there, and see if that suffices.
Almost always it will. :)

Email: <merlyn at stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn at teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me