Testing across different Images

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Tue Jul 20 08:18:33 UTC 1999

Some more random thoughts....

One of the issues that often comes up in this group is that of different
platforms.
'It works on a Mac, but I don't know if it will be OK on Linux' etc. Since
it is possible to pass objects from one Image to another remote Image, I was
speculating that Kent's testing framework could be extended to 'push' test
classes and cases onto remote images, execute them, and get back the
results. That way, you could run your test suite across the internet, on
several different architectures simultaneously. It would depend on some
publicly available 'sandbox' images for testing purposes, each on a
different platform. My impression is that the testing framework sets up
fairly independent cases, so that dependencies between classes in the
original image and test image would be minimal.

Ideas?

Peter...