On Reuse

John E Tobler CYBERJET at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 1 02:23:16 UTC 1999

>From what I've seen, lately, some of the best reuse strategies involve
components, whether CORBA, ActiveX, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), or other
architectures.  You have to work with these on a somewhat "black box" level
but they offer a powerful alternative to "cut and paste" reuse.

I'm a Squeak newbie and I'm hopeful that I will see more Squeak/component
interfacing as I get familiar with what's going on.  Components have been
immensely useful to me in my work in other languages and these days much of
my time is spent creating them for others to use.  When I get stronger in
Squeak, I'd like to participate in component-oriented Squeak projects.

BTW, I wouldn't at all mind some kindly references to any Squeak/component
work being done!

John Tobler
cyberjet at cheerful.com