[newbie] How to copy class to different name?

squeaker squeaker at dangerous-minds.com
Mon Jul 19 04:32:46 UTC 1999

Dwight Hughes wrote:
> Well, this is not quite as simple as it should be. A
> trick that works well is to fileout the original class,
> "rename..." the original class in the browser to the
> new class name, and then filein the original class --
>giving you both the new copy and the old.

Dwight's trick worked admirably well for my purposes with the advantage
that no external tool (i.e., text editor) was required.  The copy operation
was painless and complete, requiring only the expected few minor variable
name edits.

Thanks!

| John, squeaker at dangerous-minds.com      Squeak?  http://www.squeak.org/ |
| Some minds are dangerous because they're sharp and pointed; others,     |
| because they're heavy and dull; mine, because I know enough to get into |
| trouble but not necessarily out.                                        |