[Interval Problem] 2 cents

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Fri Jul 30 22:42:02 UTC 1999

Hi.

> > How many system classes refer to its variables by name? Why are there so
> Good point, shouldn't be that way, causes headaches all the time.

Let's add accessors to BitBlt! :)))... [KIDDING! KIDDING! AND JUST
KIDDING!]

> > many accessors missing? How much would the image grow just because of
> > accessors? Would you like that in the small images? Why add so many
> These are all issues the "system/computer/<pick one>" should worry
> about.
> Optimization isn't anything we should worry about *at that level*.

I think it's a bit more than optimization... for instance, in the class
Interval, it just has 3 instance variables...

> > methods when the design does not make them necessary? And then, would
> Design should make it necessary ;-)

.... and right now I don't see any need for accessors in the Interval
class. But that could be wrong in the near future...

Andres.