Squeak 2.5 -instructions now on Swiki

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 00:13:21 UTC 1999

>Anyone has the original post by Dan Ingalls regarding the Squeak 2.5 beta?
>
>I'd appreciated to have a copy of it or, at least, I'd like to know the
>expression to evaluate in the Transcript to get the updates for that beta
>from the server.
_
>Benoit St-Jean                           Creative Technologies
International

I have a feeling this question is going to come up more frequently, so I
have put up Dan's instuctions on the download/update Swiki page:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.388

To save you some time, here is the info:

To update Squeak to the latest (beta test) version:

fetch updates once as above(just to be sure you are current) and execute:
EToySystem eToyVersion: 'Squeak2.5test' date: '15 July 1999'.
Then fetch updates again.

Remember, you will be filing this stuff in 'at your own risk'.
Test Pilots and Guinea Pigs only.

Peter Smet