Unidentified subject!

Adriano apeluso at peg.it
Mon Jul 26 14:32:23 UTC 1999

At 10:17 -0500 25-07-1999, Benjamin Pollack wrote:
>You wouldn't happen to be on a Macintosh, by chance, would you?

Yes, I'm on a Mac.

> If you are,
>are you trying to mount the image file with DiskCopy?

I was.

>  It's not a DiskCopy
>file; Squeak uses the image file verbaitim.  If either your browser or the
>Mac OS thinks that it is a DiskCopy file, it willl try to mount the image
>with DiskCopy or StuffIt, both of which (correctly) report that the image is
>corrupted.

I just double clicked on the image file and DiskCopy started itself and
does all the rest.

That was because Type and Creator informations were wrong. Now I corrected
them, as Jason McVay suggested me and everything goes alright!

>I can personally vouch for the fact that the server's image file is in
>perfect working condition; I downloaded a fresh image just a few minutes ago
>to make sure, and it seems to be working perfectly well for me.

Thanks for the information.

>Do make sure that you have downloaded the file in binary format.  You can do

I didn't pay attention, Anarchie usually takes care of this and dosn't skip
a beat.

Anuhow, I want to thank everybody for attention :-)

Bye

Adriano