Working Together (was: re: newbie question (...)) [LONG]

Craig Thrall cthrall at dataware.com
Wed Jul 14 15:03:17 UTC 1999

> Perhaps the problem is that there really is no Bazaar for
> Squeak.  What central repository exists for all the fabulous Squeak
> components that I as a newbie would like to incorporate?  Currently I have
not one
> but several links to different sites that offer Squeak code.  This will
not do.

What about a central CVS repository or the like?  This would allow you to do
several things that have been discussed:

* multiple branches
* have code in one central location
* group code by tool or functionality
* the added bonus of revision control...

You could even have some kind of base unit test that people would have to
run prior to checking in code...or have some kind of moderator do a weekly
merge from the development/current branch to the stable branch after running
the test...and maybe do it all via the web with a Swiki server.

Craig