Modules for Squeak, was: (Re: [Newbie Q] COM, beans, and Squeak)

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Jun 24 23:40:19 UTC 1999

"Erik R. Knowles" wrote:

> B) I've wanted to make a change to a built-in class method but resisted
> because there didn't seem to be any way to fileout that change in a
> single file with the rest of the code comprising my project.

Repeat after me: "change sorters are our friends". ;-) Just open up a
simple change sorter or a dual change sorter - now create your own
change set or select one already existing, then pop up the menu and
select "make changes go to me". You can then move or copy any other
methods in other change sets to yours, or filein your code, or make a
change in your method and accept, or whatever. When you fileout your
change set it will contain all the methods you changed or added -- you
can also browse the change set, add preambles or a postscript, ....

-- Dwight