Some questions about Morph & Squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 7 13:04:38 UTC 1999

"Giovanni Giorgi" <giovanni.giorgi at mlab.disco.unimi.it> wrote:
> Excuse me,
>     I'd like to know if there is a tutorial on the Morph GUI.
> I have some difficult to use the SystemWindow class.
> I try to use it, but I have a little problem.
> I open a SystemWindow, fill it with my buttons, and lik it to my
> class-model.
> But when I try to minimize it, the Window disapper!!
> I suppose i am doing something wron.
> Exactly, what is the right way to use SystemWindow(s)?

Look at FileList or Scamper for fairly simply examples of SystemWindow
usage.  In Morphic, views and controllers tend to get combined, so its
more like model/view than model/view/controller.

> The second question is very simple:  Squeak code blocks have temp.
> variables?

No.  Although there has been at least one patch posted to allow this.
You can use temporary variables of the method to stand in for them,
though.

Lex