Screenshots nice, but...

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 25 13:52:22 UTC 1999

>Minnow seems to not have included the fix to stop proxies from caching
>at least the edit page?!

I'll put it on my to-do list to do a bunch of updates to Minnow.

>Btw: what's the official way to reference attachments?

Here's what I just added to the formatting rules page:

This is an UploadSwiki.  UploadSwikis allow attachments.  Click the "Manage
Attachment" link at the bottom of any page.  Find a file with the "Browse"
button, then upload with the "Upload" button.  Attachments are shared
throughout the Swiki, not just on the specific page.  Type **!filename!**
to create a link to the file.  If the file is an image, it will be included
in-line.  If it's anything else, a link will be created to it.

Known bugs:
<ul>
<li>Be conservative in your filenames.  Multiple periods and leading
numbers can confuse the Swiki.
<li>Don't upload large things.  Anything over 300K will often kill the server.
<li>Some files get munged in uploads (e.g., AIFF files seem especially
susceptible).  We're working on it.  Trying again sometimes works.
</ul>

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu