How About an InstallSqueak Image?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Jun 15 12:38:32 UTC 1999

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 05:10:01PM +1000, Russell Allen wrote:
> I second this; but am unsure how it would be done.  Two files, for a basic
> install (without start menus and OS level uninstall :) would be fairly
> simple.  One file would require modification of the VM.

Paul Fernhout has implemented a one-file Squeak (embedded Squeak):

http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/squeak/    (Windows)
or
ftp://ftp.ira.uka.de/pub/squeak          (Unix)

The Image is converted to a C Array which is read by the modified VM
on startup. This seems to be very portable.

 Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de fon at home:(0721)614235 @work:(0721)608-2749
"Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try