Smalltalk Style Resources

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Wed Jun 30 20:41:13 UTC 1999

Hi,

Since this topic neads some humour I've included this style web site that
contains a warning from Batman.

http://cs.loyno.edu/cosc216/serules.htm

;--)

I'm attempting to collect a list of Smalltalk Style Rules and Guidelines
for a www.smalltalk.org web page. Please contribute if you know of any web
pages.

Also, I came across this interesting statement "The Smalltalk archives at
UIUC will soon contain a 'Style Checker' tool that detects classic
Smalltalk bugs and points out possible errors according to some rules about
error-prone coding styles." on the ByteSmiths web page. Does anyone know if
this code exists somewhere?

All the best,

Peter William Lount
peter at smalltalk.org
http://www.smalltalk.org

The list so far:

Smalltalk Style Guides
http://cs.loyno.edu/cosc216/serules.htm
http://www.bytesmiths.com/Publications/9511SmalltalkStyle.ssi

Mentions of Smalltalk is other Style Guides
http://hepunx.rl.ac.uk/atlas/oo/languages/C++/style-may13.html
http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/~brant/RefactoringBrowser/LintChecks.html
http://www.chimu.com/publications/javaStandards/part0003.html