Squeak OS

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 17 13:08:51 UTC 1999

EROS is an object-based operating system which works like this.  In fact, it goes further and arranges that there is always a somewhat current snapshot available on disk--if you flip the power switch on an EROS box, it comes back up to your state from a few minutes ago.

http://www.eros-os.org

Also, one of the earliest Smalltalks had an "OOZE" memory system which did the same thing.  No idea if OOZE can still be obtained from anywhere....

Lex