Scamper woes - was: genuine squeak newbie

Tim Olson tim at jumpnet.com
Tue Jun 22 00:03:16 UTC 1999

Carl Gundel wrote:

>Also, here's my front page.  Scamper doesn't like my JPEG graphic (the one
>on top).  Any idea why?  http://www.libertybasic.com

I tracked it down some distance.  When Scamper requests the image, your
server responds with: 'HTTP/1.0 200 Document follows', which Scamper does
not like at all: it sees the image as part of the header, and no image
data where it expects it.  After retrying 3 times, it gives up and leaves
things in a pretty messed up state (as far as threading goes ;-(

Scamper seems to be expecting a standard "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" here.  I don't
know HTML at all, so I'll leave it up to those more familiar with it to
diagnose the problem in more detail.

     -- tim