Enhanced UI Look (Fixed, 3DLook and BackgroundFromFile included)

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Tue Jun 15 15:10:54 UTC 1999

Hi,

sorry for posting the previous change set. I didn't test
the PWM's because I closed them in my image. Here is a
new version with all mentioned problems fixed. It also
includes Bert's 3D Look and Ian's background loader and support for
enabling/disabling the enhanced look.

- start your squeak image
- file in the change set wherever you want (MVC and Morphic, both can
   have windows open)
- enable "showEnhancedTitleBars" in the Preferences (to get this use
   right click in a world and then <help...><edit preferences>)

The enhanced title bar is now enabled and the next window you
will open has one. If you disable the style you get an old style window.
So both window styles can cooperate depending on the
"showEnhancedTitleBars"
state.

- enable "uniformWindowColors" in the Windows preferences to enable
   Bert's Windows 3D Look

I have integrated a new morph (TitleBarMorph) instead of the
GradientFillMorph
which lets you also define the global preference colors for the enhanced
UI Look.
You have to select the TitleBarMorph of a window with an enhanced title
and
open it's halo. In the morph menu you can use the "set left/right
active/inactive"
menu items to define the global colors used for all windows. You can
also define
the labels color. So everybody can modify the color scheme by hisself.

It looks fine if you also enable the original morphic window menu style.
You can do this by evaluating: 'Preferences
restoreDefaultMenuParameters'

The change set also includes the background change set from Ian Trudel.
With this you can just right click on a selected image file (within file
list)
and select 'open image as background'.

Bye
Torsten