OpenSource QuickDraw 3D? (was Re: :(

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Fri Jun 18 21:46:19 UTC 1999

Sebastien Maury <sebmaury at yahoo.com> said:

>http://www.maccentral.com/news/9906/18.qd3d.shtml
>
>What a shame...   :(

I originally said this as a joke, but I'm starting to think it a good idea:

Perhaps Apple should release code like QD3D as OpenSource and let someone
else pick up the ball and carry it forward.

An obvious candidate for maintaining the OpenSource QD3D code would be the
Squeak community (see www.squeak.org), which only has a nascent 3D library
available.

If Apple made QD3D available to the Squeak development community, and
*they* ported the QD3D library to other platforms in such a form as to make
it useable to both Squeak developers and regular applications/games
developers, maybe that would make QD3D a viable cross-platform, OpenSource
3D library.

Lawson English, immortalized in Web Literature:
<http://www.aaskolnick.com/junkyarddog/dictionary.htm>