Screenshots

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Fri Jun 25 03:15:34 UTC 1999

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Bob Arning wrote:

> >> Curiously enough, that is available in squeak. Use the shifted yellow
> >> button menu in a browser text pane, choose pretty print and keep the
> >> left shift down til the code changes. I don't know if that's exactly
> >> what was used in the picture, but it's certainly similar.
> >
> >I think he might be referring to the syntax coloring.
>
> I think so, too. That's why I mentioned keeping the left shift key down.

Oops!  That's what I get for not trying it myself.

I didn't realize that the base image already had syntax coloring!  I'd
seen the file-ins on the Goodies page for syntax coloring, but I'd never
heard about it being added to the base image.

Although it looks like Helge's coloring goodie is a bit more elaborate,
adding some bold emphasis for some things.  (Plus the green color for temp
vars in the base image coloring is awfully bright.)

Still, good to know that it's there.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net