Scamper woes - good example of the value of newbies

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Tue Jun 22 20:54:30 UTC 1999

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:22:41 +0930 "Peter Smet" <peter.smet at flinders.edu.au> wrote:
>My first thoughts on using it were to wonder how difficult it would be to
>adapt your tree hierachy on the left pane of the class hieracy browser?

Not too hard, but what about the left plus the next to left, or the three leftmost, or all four (five)? Tehn you start wanting the thing to be taller and narrower. At some point those ideas cross over to what I was exploring with BobsBrowser, so it's not clear how much you want to try to fit things into an existing tool and when it makes sense to rethink the tool.

Cheers,
Bob

P.S. The ObjectExplorer is actually very little (just about minimal) code on top of the hierarchical lists. You could actually use it as a starting point.