How About an InstallSqueak Image?

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue Jun 15 03:14:08 UTC 1999

[Lots SNIPPED]
> Hey, guys, don't we know a REALLY, REALLY good machine-independent system?
>
> Why not use a tiny Squeak to bootstrap a bigger Squeak?

> So, why not make an absolutely ultra-minimum image that is capable,
> say, of supporting a window, progress bar and the stream.
Excellent idea! I can add a few extra space savings to the pot:- with a
pluginised VM (currently I have almost got all the serial, sound, network
etc stuff as plugins) you have a small VM as well as a small image. If you
use the partial image loading stuff Dan did a while ago as well, then the
'install-image' IS the normal image, just without all the IDE stuff loaded.

tim

--
Useful random insult:- Gyros are loose.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)