Hosted Swiki

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Tue Jun 8 23:56:02 UTC 1999

i think the answer the original poster wants to hear is that there is some
way for swiki to work under CGI; i.e. instead of binding to a port it gets
HTTP requests and posts HTTP responses through the CGI framework, just like
any other CGI script would do.

has anyone built a squeak-CGI interface? this would be incredibly useful.

as for ISPs willing to host a swiki, i just happen to run a small web
hosting service. (virtual hosting only, no dialup.) the problem with
something like a swiki (at least for me) isn't so much security as it would
be resource usage. how much memory does each swiki image need? one swiki
probably wouldn't be that big a deal, but what if i had 10 people who wanted
to run swikis? with all ten in memory sitting around and listening to ports,
i am sure that my poor server's memory would be totally maxed.

david

--
        j. david farber
    oo architect+mentor