genuine squeak newbie

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Mon Jun 21 07:27:38 UTC 1999

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Bob Arning wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:37:41 -0700 "montgomery f. tidwell"
> <mtidwell at mail.com> wrote:
>
> >Tutorials:
> >
> >where are they?
>
> The first answer is that they are not any one place in a nice linear
> fashion (but the web isn't like that, either). That said, there are a
> number of places to explore

There's no reason that they couldn't all be listed in one place, though.
The closest thing there is to a single list is probably on the swiki at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.377 .  So, we should try to add to this
list as new tutorials are made available.  (Actually, I already added
Bob's UI link to the Morphic swiki page a few days ago... I guess it could
go here, too.)

It looks like some new Squeak users are at least using the swiki pages,
which is good.  I was thinking that the link from the www.squeak.org page
to the swiki should still be more overt, though, since the swiki is really
the primary, more detailed, web resource for Squeak, whereas
www.squeak.org is more the "front line" resource.  The link from the
www.squeak.org page to the swiki describes it as a "discussion area",
which isn't really accurate... this list is really where the active
discussion takes place.  I think the swiki is better characterized as a
"living, breathing FAQ", an evolving information resource.  Brand new
users should be aware of this.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technogies, Ann Arbor, MI
  dway at eai.com, dway at mat.net