Some questions about Morph & Squeak

Giovanni Giorgi giovanni.giorgi at mlab.disco.unimi.it
Sun Jun 6 10:22:57 UTC 1999

Excuse me,
    I'd like to know if there is a tutorial on the Morph GUI.
I have some difficult to use the SystemWindow class.
I try to use it, but I have a little problem.
I open a SystemWindow, fill it with my buttons, and lik it to my
class-model.
But when I try to minimize it, the Window disapper!!
I suppose i am doing something wron.
Exactly, what is the right way to use SystemWindow(s)?
I must have a Model, a View and a Controller?
I can do it with a single class, which is set as the model of the
SystemWindow?
I do so, but I think something wrong....

The second question is very simple:  Squeak code blocks have temp.
variables?
For example, in VW or VA I can write something like:

aBool
rue:[
    |a b|
    a:= NiceClass new.
    b:= a printString
].
This generate an error under Squeak.
I must convert some old code from VW, whith temp variables!!

     ///  Giovanni  Giorgi    ---    e-mail: giorgi_g at geocities.com
__  ///  Computer Science, Systems, and Communication Dept.
\\\///  Universita' di Milano Bicocca - Milan, Italy
 \\//  http://www.mars.sal.disco.unimi.it/~giorgi