Screen shots for Squeak.org

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Sat Jun 19 17:10:22 UTC 1999

I just had a look at the gnu smalltalk page to see
what they were up to. It's funny, but the first thing
you REALLY want to see is a screen shot of
what the environment looks like. They only had
textual information - which was disappointing.

Then I realised that Squeak.org has the same
problem. There are no direct links to screen
shots of what Squeak looks like. For the sake
of all newcomers, and to attract as many newbies
to smalltalk as possible, I suggest we put up
some stunning screen shots of the new enhanced
UI look, with the gradient title bars, 3D look,
crisp scrollbars and some jazzy morpic widgets
open etc. Attracting as many new users as
possible is important, since squeak will only
ever be as good as its user base (which is
pretty damn good).

What do you think?

Peter