Email Attachments

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 20 03:23:09 UTC 1999

--On Saturday, June 19, 1999, 2:47 PM -0700 Ryan Davis
<ryand at ZenSpider.com> wrote:

> At 17:35 -0400 on 1999-06-19, you wrote:
>
>> For those of us with slow connections and operating systems other than
>> Unix/Linux, would you consider placing large files on a server and
>> emailing the url rather than sending everyone all the data?
>
> Hear hear! At one point in time this was an agreed upon rule, but is seems
> to have gone away in the past few months.

Reminder that there are the UIUC Smalltalk archives which take submissions.
Also, I believe the GATech folks have a UploadSwiki in the works (the Swiki
Swiki may indeed accept uploads). Adding this capacity (perhaps with
automatic notifications to the announce list--gotta use it for *something*
;)) would make it easier to avoid email attachements.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.