Scamper woes - was: genuine squeak newbie

Carl Gundel morphic at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 21:19:21 UTC 1999

>From: Bob Arning <arning at charm.net>
>On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:09:15 -0500 Dwight Hughes <dwighth at ipa.net> wrote:
<BIG snip, sorry Dwight>
>Well, I guess several of us should be scolded for missing an even more
>obvious way: use Scamper! Why go to another application to get the code
>when you can do it inside Squeak?

I tend to avoid Scamper (maybe I should be fixing it, eh?) because it
doesn't usually work for me even if I only use it for browsing light-duty
things like my own swiki site.  It gives me walkbacks in lots of places, and
even gave me a big red rectangle with an X through it (error rendering
graphic I guess?) on the front page of my swiki, which has no graphics at
all.  :-(  Sorry to say that even if it did work, it's unbearably slow on my
P-120 at home (IE runs nicely).  I wouldn't say that Squeak runs too slowly
for me on this machine, just Scamper.

-Carl