Screen shots for Squeak.org

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Sun Jun 20 14:11:44 UTC 1999

>In my opinion, the ultra customizability of the UI for Squeak will
>ultimately be one of it's greatest attractions.  Heck, some people may want
>all of their windows cocked at a 10 degree angle.

I Respectfully disagree on all points, except as noted below.  While
many do play with such features, and are likely to do so, the great
ergonomic lesson of the last twenty years is that wide variations in
UI are expensive to maintain and result in products that are
difficult to learn and use.

Agreed to the extent that the "ultra customizability" (which I call
reusability) of the entire Squeak System is one of its great
features, and the UI is a subset of that.  Squeak delivers
reusability where most others merely hype the possibility.  Another
is its uber-portability.