Scamper woes - was: genuine squeak newbie

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Tue Jun 22 00:14:14 UTC 1999

i believe that only the Status Code (i.e. 200) is mandatory. the following
string ("OK" or "Document Follows") is really just for any humans that might
happen to see the response header.

[i don't know this for certain, but it seems obvious and a quick scan of
O'Reilly's Web Client Programming with Perl did not disabuse me of my belief.]

so, i say make scamper look for the status code and ignore any thing that
follows on that line.

david

--
        j. david farber