Screen shots for Squeak.org

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Sat Jun 19 19:06:43 UTC 1999

>I join Peter in his suggestion to add some screenshots to the Squeak page.
>
>However, I also agree with Bert's assessment.  We should show
>screenshots of what Squeak, when downloaded, actually looks like, not
>what others think, in time, it should become.

I think this is a mistake. We have heard from a number of posts that
new users are at least sometimes put off by the interface.
I think Squeak is one of those environments that looks fairly vanilla
and mundane, but is incredibly powerful underneath.  The problem
with this is that new users may not stick around long enough to find
out how good Squeak really is. No matter what anyone says, looks
ARE important - especially to new users. Perhaps we could put
up some screenshots of both. The standard environment,
and some shots showing how customizable Squeak is.

Anyway, I have attached a screenshot of one potential Squeak...
(8 bit color to save space)

Peter

Attachment converted: Anon:SqkScreen.gif (GIFf/JVWR) (0000ACFE)