exception handling, differences from ANSI

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Thu Mar 4 14:08:47 UTC 1999

Actually, the standard leaves the door open for both class and instance
based exception handling.  Dolphin has done a nice job of implementing such
a scheme.  I agree that the instance based method is preferable, but
providing support for both is the best compromise.  Also, an instance based
approach doesn't preclude subclassing to provide more specific behavior.

- Stephen