Squeak newsgroup ?

squeak at ursine.com squeak at ursine.com
Wed Mar 17 21:59:01 UTC 1999

> 	How about the prepending of [ST] or [Sq] to every message? Most
> packages allow subject line filtering. This should be easy to implement -
> I don't know what software hosts Squeak-list, but most of them do this.
> Some more intelligently than others. What does one think of that?

I agree wholeheartedly, with one modification: the tag should be something
longer, like "[SQUEAK]".  The chance of collision with another list is too
high if you use just two letters.  Taking up another four letters on the
Subject line is acceptable to me, most mailing lists I'm on use four to
eight characters inside the brackets/parentheses as it is.

> 	I *love* watching conversations on this list in near-real-time. It
> gives me something to do instead of writing papers. . . . Don't take that
> away from me!

I agree with this, as well.  Newsgroups and web-based solutions are not
nearly as convenient for me as delivery directly to my e-doorstep...

--
Michael Bryan
squeak at ursine.com