Anyone making end-user programs with Squeak?

Bill Dargel wDargel at shoshana.com
Tue Mar 9 04:27:53 UTC 1999

Chris Reuter wrote:

> I changed the extension from .tgz to tar.gz which (self fingers cross)
> will fix the problem.

It works with Netscape 4.05 (in Windows) with just a bit of fudging. It's
actually rather strange. It shows the link as being
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~cgreuter/tower002.tar.gz and by clicking on
it it does go straight to a "save as" dialog now, but at that point the
filename it gives is "tower002_tar.tar". Don't ask me where it gets that.
Maybe the two dot-extensions confuses someone? (Either your server or
Netscape). If I save with the default name or open directly with WinZip it
will then give an "Error reading header after processing 0 entries". But, by
changing the name to save as to "tower002_tar.gz" (or renaming it after
downloading) WinZip is happy with it. Maybe it would work directly if you
used that for the filename?

Bill Dargel            wdargel at shoshana.com
Shoshana Technologies
100 West Joy Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105  USA