Squeak newsgroup ?

Kevin Fisher kfisher at rim.net
Wed Mar 17 16:06:10 UTC 1999

In addition, newsgroups often get cluttered with spam and massively crossposted
flamewars.  I abandoned Usenet for this very reason and I have very little
desire to return to it...(and my feed doesn't get Usenet2..I wonder if
Usenet2 is still alive?).

I also don't want my email address being harvested by the Usenet spammers,
either..I get enough junk mail as it is!

Surely there must be a way to digestify this mailing list for those that want
it..you could send out digests a couple times per day.

Personally I find it more effective to have multiple mail folders (in a UNIX
world).  I used to use MH regularly and had all my squeak mailing list stuff
put into it's own folder.  Nowadays I use XFMail which has similar mail folder
facilities (a really good mail program, for anyone that's looking).   I'm
subscribed to a couple different high-volume mailing lists and routing them to
their own folders seems the best solution for me.

(Of course, this list is interesting enough that I have it forwarded to my
pager as well!)