exception handling, differences from ANSI

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Wed Mar 3 21:34:28 UTC 1999

> I haven't seen the ANSI exceptions standard.  How does your approach
> differ?

	The ANSI standard exposes the situations in the programming interface. It requires a separate class for each situation, which I think is overkill.

	My approach uses instances of a single class to model situations, and refers to them in the programming interface only by name. The message interface is oriented toward blocks for handler setup (>>valueHandling:, etc.), and toward the current context for handling requests (>>handle:, etc.). In all, I think my approach is lighter and easier to use.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta