Pool Dictionaries going away in VW i5?

Bruce Boyer bboyer at objectshare.com
Wed Mar 31 18:53:26 UTC 1999

Allen Wirfs-Brock insisted that I refer to "pools" in our (Digitalk at the
time) documentation, the "dictionary" being a mere implementational detail
and
subject to change.  One way to look at it is that the detail has, indeed,
changed.

Pools are now implemented as name spaces in VW5i (in fact, the definition
template has "NameOfPool" as the space holder), and their contents are
statics (a kind of binding that can be either variable or constant).

Bruce Boyer

>Hmmm -
>
>The implication would seem to be that we, too, should get rid of Pool
Dictionaries ;-).