LinuxPPC Squeak

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Mar 5 17:37:43 UTC 1999

> BTW, I built J2 for Linux/PPC as well.  It works great; my
> bytecodes/sec go from ~12 500 000 to ~13 500 000

Something's not quite right there.  I'll take a closer look at what's
going on.  (It's a while since I built it on PPC, and it's entirely
possible that the threading, prefetch and constant caching in the
interpreter loop are no longer being properly configured.  Looks like
my entire weekend might be derailed. ;-)

> and my message sends go from ~540000 to ~910000.

That's more like it!

Ian