ExcHandling extensions and a question

Vassili Bykov vassili at objectpeople.com
Tue Mar 23 18:59:29 UTC 1999

> I have one question: I can't figure out how to make an exception
> event proceedable. Even if you
> create a proceedable situation, it looks as if exceptions that
> are cases of it are non-proceedable.
> Am I missing something?

This is what I think is a design bug (I wrote to Craig about it but never
heard back).  Currently, even if you define an exception as proceedable, it
only means you are *allowed* to signal it as proceedable (using
#handleProceedably:).  If you signal a proceedable exception without
explicitly specifying whether it is proceedable or not, it is signaled
unproceedably.  IMHO, it would make more sense to use the proceedability
from the exception definition as the default when an exception is signaled.

Fixing this is easy, or you can get my ANSI wrappers around Chraig's
exceptions from

  http://www.magma.ca/~vassili/Squeak/ANSIExceptions/

Their proceedability works the way the standard defines them.

--Vassili