Playing with Morphic-Components

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Fri Mar 19 07:13:57 UTC 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 agree at carltonfields.com wrote:

> Omigosh!  How very sweet!  I had no idea how utterly absolutely and
> wonderfully cool "Play with me 6" truly was!  I am embarassed to admit
> that I though the pictures were just window dressing to show the neat
> geometric shapes and the ability to draw arrows with pointers, together
> with the Morphic browser.

I have to admit that I also mostly missed the point of "Play with me 6"
the first time I tried it awhile back.  The next time I happened to try
it a few weeks later I realized that the component morphs were somehow
driving the content of the browser, but I had difficulty trying to create
my own similar example (the ComponentLayout problem, plus it took quite
awhile to figure out to shift-click on the "pin" in order to create a Wire
morph).

Probably just having a scrolling text morph sitting below the "Play with
me 6" browser with just a few short paragraphs explaining how to create
and link example ComponentMorphs would clear things up.  ("Play with me 6"
is a little more advanced than the other ones, after all.)  Maybe I'll
even write something up short and post it... it's too late tonight,
though.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technogies, Ann Arbor, MI
  dway at eai.com, dway at mat.net