[ENH] That crazy dot idea II

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at mail.netsurf.de
Sun Mar 21 13:59:43 UTC 1999

Hi!

What do you think about using [ ] as an alternative to #at: and #at:put:?

After refactoring the DotParser's messagePart:repeat: mega-method [1] if
was trivial to implement.  This extension to the Smalltalk grammar should
break any correct programs.  I find it quite useful.  Using "a[12] := a[12]
+ 1" instead of "a at: 12 put: (a at: 12) + 1" is easier to read IMHO.

Try yourself!

Attached is a new version of DotTest*.cs you can filein after applying the
ParserPatch*.cs file.

[1] note to SqueakCentral: If you like, I'd be glad to provide also a
     patch for the original Parser class or for a parser with just the
     []- but without .-access.

bye

Attachment converted: Anon:ParserPatch.20Mar808pm.cs 1 (????/----) (000079B1)

Attachment converted: Anon:DotTest.21Mar248pm.cs (????/----) (000079B2)

--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  ...and now something completely different