default text size problem.

Joshua Gargus gargus at ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 25 17:23:03 UTC 1999

Hello,

I just started with a fresh 2.3 image, downloaded and filed
in all of the updates from the server, and then changed my
default text size (TextStyle changeDefaultTextSizeBy: 1).

This worked for the most part, but when I am in a Morphic
world and try to use the various browsers/workspaces/etc
from the 'tools' flap, the change does not (fully) apply.
For example, when I create a new SelectorFinder from the
'tools' flap, the 'PluggableList' portions (used to display
selector names, and specific methods) have the font changed,
but the 'PluggableText' portion (used to enter selector name
fragments) still have the old font size.

I surmise that this is because the 'tools' flap creates
creates new tools from a prototype, which it stored at the
time of the update (before I changed the default text size).
My question is: what is the best way to change this?  I know
I could start with a fresh image, but I want to learn about
Morphic while I'm at it.

I have several thoughts.  One is to inspect my way down to
to relevant 'PluggableText' components in the flap, and
manually change the text size.  I have a feeling this isn't
the best way.

Another idea is to replace the old prototypes with new ones
by somehow dragging them off and the new ones on.  I don't
really know how to go about this, but I'm sure it can be done.
If possible, this is the option I'd like to use (because of
the learning it involves).

Yet another idea is to destroy the global flaps, and rerun
whatever initialization method(s) created them during the
filein process.  I don't know how complicated this would be;
I've been unable to find out how to do this, either.

The last idea is to start from scratch, and do the font size
change first.  Like I said, I'd prefer not to do this.

Sorry about the length, and thanks
very much for any help,
Josh