NCM VM & prototypes (was Re: Must _ go like the Dodo?)

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue Mar 16 05:00:48 UTC 1999

On Mon 15 Mar, Helge Horch wrote:

> Rather, today I've been reading some past Kent Beck columns
> [snip]
> E.g. in the latter scheme, Objects don't hold a "class" Oop, they reference
> an Array of MethodDictionaries. The "class" reference is embodied in the
> topmost MethodDictionary that actually has a non-nil "class" Oop.
Craig L has been playing with some of this recently. Sounds like you two
should talk.

> Me being a lowly Squeak tweaker, these would've been more like the kinds of
> language changes I would've had expected. If only I could devote more time
> to Squeak, I would do more VM hacking. At least I do run Tim's NCM image
> now. (Thanks, Tim!)
Yay! Add another user to the list. Have you had any problems? Which
platform are you using? I still haven't managed to persuade my iMac to run
CodeWorrier and spit out a VM. Has anyone built a Mac NCM VM? non-ARM Unix?

tim

--
Fractured Idiom:- HASTE CUISINE - Fast French food
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)