[VM] NCM performance report

johnm at wdi.disney.com johnm at wdi.disney.com
Thu Mar 25 04:47:16 UTC 1999

Helge:

Thanks for measuring the performance of Tim's NCM VM.
The send speed is nicely improved.

Tim: to what do you attribute this speed boost? I may have
misunderstood the NCM changes, but I thought they mostly
allow flexibility in how one encodes source code pointers,
while eliminating some special-case handling for compiled
method formats. Do all the speedups arise from those
simplifications, or did you slip in some other optimizations?

Nice work!

	-- John