Has anyone built a vanilla VM on Mac from 2.3

Tom Morgan tmorgan at acm.org
Sun Mar 28 01:17:43 UTC 1999

Has any one built a vanilla PPC VM on a Mac directly
from the 2.3 image sources, using Code Warrior3.2 or newer?

I just did that, in anticipation of some fiddling with the
VM, and found 3 small items (1 and 3 may be related).

1. There is a reference to a constant, 'kCurrentFragArch' which
doesn't seem to be in any of the header files.

2. There is an 'long' variable named 'junk' in the sound support
file, which the compiler thinks should be 'unsigned long'.

After making changes to the source support files with my fingers
for these two items, I get a useable VM to link, but then:

3. The named plugin mechanism seems to have trouble finding
the VM file itself as a plug in source.

These could easily be my own clumsiness; if you've made a
clean VM from the image sources, I'd appreciate advice or
a copy of the project file that you used.

   ...Tom M
--
+---Tom Morgan ------------------------------ (tmorgan at acm.org) -----+
I   KeySpan Energy (Brooklyn Union)         Phone: 1 718 403 2427    I