[enh request]menus of options in popup queries

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Mar 10 23:18:49 UTC 1999

Regarding:

	[...snip...]

	[Norton, Chris]  I agree that a few things seem to be lacking in the
System Browser.  In particular, I note that the VSE Package Browser has an
initialization definition for each class in a package.  I have used this
mechanism in the past, but didn't notice that it was (conspicuously) missing
from Squeak.

	Another little UI thing that has bothered me about the System
Browser is the location of the class Definition.  Until just today, I had
thought that Squeak did not support class instance variables, because I
never tried looking under the class button.  Why is this information hidden?
(Why aren't the class variable names under the class side too?)

	This is how VSE Package browser represents the class Definition (I
chose class Message as an example):

	Message
	  superclass: EvaluableAction
	  indexable type: none
	  instance variables: 'selector arguments receiver'
	  class variables: ''
	  pools: ''
	  class instance variables: ''

	The nice thing about this approach is that all of the important
"persistence" information about the class definition is in one place (under
Definition).

	In any case, I second Tim's suggestion.  :-)

	---==> Chris