Newbie Q: Geographic Transformation Package Availability?

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Fri Mar 26 18:19:39 UTC 1999

Hi.

> Does anyone have any Smalltalk programs that you could share which
> address any cartographic related calculations, transformations, or
> display?

I've done a function plotter for Squeak. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at
it. It can be downloaded from www.dm.uba.ar/mathmorphs. I think it will be
useful for you since it deals with processing data so that it fits a viewport
(and all the handling of the information related). I'll be finishing a 2d+color
plotter really soon (that is, a 2d plotter thought to plot functions from the XY
plane into Z as colors), and yes, you could just give it a function that for
each point it had the proper color and presto you're done!

Andres.