78 new updates - Really

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Tue Mar 16 16:46:03 UTC 1999

Folks -

We definitely hit an update-1000 bug in our internal sequence.
With file names as simple strings,  '1000foo' < '999foo' 8-(.
My apologies for not performing an update with an external image before releasing.
I had family commitments and bailed early in the process.  Anyhoo...

The 78 updates are out again, this time in the right order ;-).

Executive Summary:
Updating now supported from local disk copies.
Translucent borders (and lines and curves) now work in morphic in 16 and 32 bits.
More advances in Balloon3D
Parser for Autodesk 3D Studio files derived from work done by Bert Freudenberg
Useful new browse-conflicts command in ChangeSorters
New project navigation links
Completely new Flaps package for Morphic.  Send more pixels!
	Preference 'useFlaps' governs whether they should appear or not;
	if set to true, the same flaps will appear in every Morphic project,
	providing handy access to tools, parts, controls, etc.  Once you have flaps showing,
	hit the 'about flaps' button in the left flap to obtain more info about them.
Complete rework of the EventRecorder.  This lets you record and replay almost any work in
	morphic.  Ic can now record and replay across project changes.  Optional recording
	of voice-over with 10-1 compression on-the-fly is supported.  Many fixes
	relating to hand interaction so this all works right.
New WaveletCodec can compress audio.  Not as good as our GSM plug-in, but all in Squeak.
Doug Way's scroll bar enhancements
Bert Freudenberg's MIME encoding enhancements
Renamed the message add:beforeIndex: (Suggested by Andres Valloud)
Leandro Caniglia's fix for prettyPrint in a ChangeSorter.
Tim Olson's suggestion for Form>>printOn:.
Leandro Caniglia's fix for BalloonMorph>>string:for:corner:
Tim Rowledge's fix for IntegerArray>>at:
Fixed behavior of SelectionMenus with no items (suggested by Chris Norton).
Bob Jarvis's resolution of raisedTo: issues.

Enjoy
	- Dan

PS I plan to collect a few more updates, and then write this all out as a clean release 2.4.  Let me know (offline) of any further changes you really care about including before that time.  Thanks.