Should morphic widgets should support undo/redo?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Tue Mar 30 19:27:56 UTC 1999

Hi Folks.

I've been playing around some with morphic widgets lately and it occurred to
me that there isn't an undo/redo mechanism for morphic.

Now, I'm not saying that there should be such a mechanism, but certain
activities like move, resize, change color, etc., could be wrapped in an
undo/redo mechanism, such that the last N changes could be un-done on a
widget.  Then undo/redo list could be wiped out if the widget was
"finalized".

I have occasionally changed the color of a widget, or changed the size of
its shadow, and been disappointed with my decision.  My only recourse today
seems to be filing out my widget(s) often.  I think that it may be worth
considering adding such a mechanism to morphic, or to a future morphic GUI
builder (which I suspect somebody will eventually offer).

Just tossing in my 2 bits...

---==> Chris

PS>  Random thought:  a possible 1st pass implementation could simply
auto-file out a widget prior to changing it.  You could then "revert" back
to a previous version by selecting a prior version from the "change menu",
which would replacing the widget with a previously filed out version...