78 new updates - Really

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Mar 23 08:44:03 UTC 1999

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> PS I plan to collect a few more updates, and then write this all out as
> a clean release 2.4.  Let me know (offline) of any further changes you
> really care about including before that time.  Thanks.

Hi Dan,

I wouldn't want to raise this question on the list, but ...

I'd like to have literals be printed in their literal form. Symbols would
print like #Symbol, same goes with Arrays. For (currently) non-literal
Symbols (there are more than 700 in my image), it takes only a minor
change to Scanner>>#xLitQuote to make #'bla bla' answer a Symbol, not a
String as it does now. I guess I'm missing this from my former VisualWorks
experience, it makes debugging a little bit easier.

Cheers!
/bert

PS: Tim Rowledge sent me an enhancement to 733AddCategory-BF (adding
    some common categories to the list offered), I'll look into it and
    send it to you asap :-)

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                            Department of
                                                            Simulation and