Class change records

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Mar 24 03:00:09 UTC 1999

Does anyone else find it annoying that when you add an instvar, the entire
class defn is included in the changeset? It means that such changes become
utterly order and version dependant, even if it doesn't really need to be.
For example, I've been doing new compiled method stuff and input event stuff
and primitive error returning stuff. The instvar additions are (almost)
entirely independant of each other and would be best recorded in changeset
files as
	Interpreter addInstVarName: 'fooble'
instead of the whole def.

Has anyone either done work to make this happen, or been fired by enthusiasm to
try it? I'm bored with hand editting files to try and keep'em clean.

Oh yes, it ought to be a bit clever with multiple additions in one file.
Nothing like recompiling ObjectMemory four times over to remind you of _that_
little optimisation!

tim

--
Useful Latin Phrases:- Furnulum pani nolo.
I don't want a toaster.